Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Finally . . . my Anamorphic Setup!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got my anamorphic setup put together. It required:

    1. Nizo 136XL camera with a 9mm-36mm lens - $70
    2. Anamorphic Scope Mount - $80
    3. Kowa 8Z Anamorphic Lens - $100

    So it cost me about $250 just to put the camera system together, but it was worth it! Now I have to start doing some shooting!!!

    ana

    Just for those people wondering why I chose the Nizo 136 XL. It's because it had a small lens of 9-36mm which fit nicely behind the anamorphic lens. I did get vinetting, but only under 15mm. So from 15-36mm I was fine. I think a Canon 514 XL-S or 310 may have also worked fine, but it does not have a flash contact installed so I could not sync sound with it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jefury's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2001
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool!
    Show us some sample images! I was thinking of doing that with my Nizo.

    Where did you get the lens and stuff?

    Jeffery

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, Justin!

    Why don't you take advantage of our free test transfer offer and send some anamorphic footage. We'll transfer it and you can unsqueeze it in on the computer. Should look great!

    Roger

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Roger!

    I'll do that and when they are done post the images! But I just got this camera today and have not even shot any film. I will do the tests ASAP and send the film for transfer ASAP!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Go into more detail on how you did it.
    What exactly is the Anamorphic Scope Mount?
    What if anything did you have to build or modify, and where did you get the stuff?
    Ebay?

    Matt

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Matt,

    Yes, I will be placing information up about where I got everything, but I'll be adding it to super8mm.org as soon as I find where I put my templates! Don't you hate when you move and files go missing?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you didn't read it from my other post, it's here:
    http://www.super8mm.org/arsenal.html

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! a Carl Zeiss Anamorphic Lens 2x! I was told it has a 68mm rear diameter, so it may screw on to a 67mm thread mount (perhaps I should have asked). Think this would work with a Nizo 6080 or a Canon 1014 XL-S? I would have bought it, but I'm broke and the shipping was alot.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...374298225&rd=1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •